Although the Nootka Sound is known for its world-class fishing opportunities, there are plenty of other exciting activities to enjoy besides chasing salmon! Given our ideal location on Vancouver Island, we’ve gained quite the reputation from those hoping to check a few items off their bucket list. Every summer, travelers from North America and beyond choose Nootka Wilderness Lodge for a well-deserved escape from life’s hustle and bustle. And, with so many things to do on Vancouver Island, deciding how to spend your time may be the most challenging aspect of your getaway. From gourmet cuisine to a bevy of custom vacation packages, it’s no wonder why so many outdoor enthusiasts choose our floating fishing resort to create timeless memories.
Things to Do on Vancouver Island | Landmarks and Attractions
The surplus of serenity found in our neck of the woods is matched only by the countless things to do on Vancouver Island. Even though this guide will revolve around activities and events that we can incorporate into your Vancouver Island vacation package, we know your time at Nootka Wilderness Lodge may be part of a more extensive vacation. So, to give you some ideas on what to do before and after you arrive at Nootka Sound, be sure to check out Vancouver Island’s official website.
Things to Do on Vancouver Island | Nootka Sound Adventures
Whether you’re here on a family vacation, romantic retreat, or a friend’s getaway, there are things to do on Vancouver Island for everyone! No matter how you decide to spend your time, the Nootka Sound promises to deliver an unforgettable vacation experience. Here are some of our favorite activities to consider for your custom package:
- Helicopter tours allow you to experience Vancouver Island from a bird-eye view. We can even have lunch on a mountain top!
- Beach walking at several different locations on the Nootka Sound’s shores is an excellent way to immerse yourself in the Pacific Northwest’s natural beauty.
- Historical tours to Yuquot offer a foray into the cultural heritage of Mowachaht-Muchalaht people and their first contact with Europeans in British Columbia. You’ll also have the opportunity to see a fascinating old-growth forest and marine life.
- Day hikes on Nootka Island will have you feeling like you’re in an enchanted forest as you navigate a seemingly endless matrix of trails.
- Bear viewing and whale watching have been fan favorites for quite some time, and our guides know the best places to find them in their element. In addition to massive whales and playful bears, you’ll also find various marine critters stirring up trouble!
Nootka Sound Resort | Vancouver Island Vacation Packages
Part of what makes Nootka Wilderness Lodge such an intriguing place are the numerous things to do on Vancouver Island. Outdoor enthusiasts come to Nootka Island to experience something unique, but they return because they’ll always have a basecamp that feels like home. To learn more about our slice of paradise or to make reservations, please visit us online or call 250-850-1500 today.